Account/service managers are responsible for multiple crews that maintain and service irrigation systems. Account/service managers meet with potential clients, develop bids and cost estimates, schedule and assign projects, and ensure that crews follow all required procedures and safety regulations. Managers also develop budgets and financial forecasts; and implement plans to increase sales, profitability, market share and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement plans to add accounts, introduce new services, grow market share and improve profitability.
- Meet with prospective clients and generate take-offs, bids and estimates.
- Schedule projects, hire employees, coordinate subcontractors, order materials, assign equipment and schedule deliveries to the job site.
- Conduct weekly job site inspections and monitor crews’ production rates, quality control and safety performance.
- Communicate with clients and job site foremen throughout each project, and resolve customer service issues.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, reporting requirements, equal employment opportunity laws and company policies.
- Monitor changing market conditions, business opportunities and competitors.
Education & Experience
- Two-year associate degree required; four-year bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years irrigation and foreman experience required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Recommended certification(s): Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester (BPAT), Certified Irrigation Technician (CIT), manufacturer certification, state landscape certification or irrigation license.
$45,000 – $75,000*
10% – 15% commission*