Smart Irrigation Month
There are multiple ways to get the Smart Irrigation Month message out to your customers and the public.
Send an Article
Editors of print and digital publications and newsletters are always interested in new and relevant content. Submit an agriculture or landscape article to your favorite e-newsletter or local publication. The sample articles provided share the important message of our industry.
Agriculture Article Landscape Articles
Submit Press Releases
Promote your support of Smart Irrigation Month to potential customers with a press release to local newspapers, association newsletters or trade publications.
Use these ideas for maximum exposure:
- Develop your target media list based on your market focus and service area.
- Highlight your company’s water-efficient products and services, as well as any Smart Irrigation Month specials.
- Include simple tips to help readers save water and money.
- Drive traffic to your website by providing a link for readers to learn more information.
- Provide a photo of an appropriate irrigation project or product, plus the Smart Irrigation Month logo.
Agriculture Press Release Landscape Press Release
Provide Public Service Announcements
Spread the word about Smart Irrigation Month in your community with public service announcements. The IA has developed a series of short PSAs for use by industry firms, water providers and associations.
PSAs are also an easy way to promote Smart Irrigation Month to customers. Play a prerecorded announcement as part of your on-hold message or customize one of the scripts to promote your company’s smart products and services.
Use this guide to place PSAs with local radio stations:
- Find contact information on each station’s website.
- Contact the station’s public affairs or community director in June for July airplay.
- Ask whether the station prefers prerecorded PSAs or scripts that radio personalities can read on the air.
- Consider customizing scripts to speak directly to your community’s water issues.
- Provide scripts and timing with prerecorded PSAs.