Maintain Your Certification
Certified professionals can earn continuing education units for a wide variety of professional development activities, including
- taking online classes, online irrigation seminars and online webinars.
- attending IA classes.
- attending irrigation and green industry classes, conferences, trade shows or other training.
- teaching irrigation classes.
- earning additional IA certifications.
- presenting irrigation-focused technical papers.
- judging irrigation competitions.
- writing irrigation reference materials or books.
- serving on an industry association board or committee.
- attending business courses or seminars.
For a complete list of qualifying activities and CEUs earned, click here or download the full Certification Candidate Handbook.
Preapproved CEU Courses
To make earning CEUs as easy as possible, the IA Certification Board has preapproved education offered by some organizations and companies. Education providers can request pre-approval of their courses and events by completing and returning the CEU program application.
Download preapproved CEU courses
Certified professionals should keep written, supporting documentation for all continuing education activities for the current and previous two-year cycles, in case they are selected for the annual CEU audit.
For information about earning CEUs, contact the IA via email or call 703.536.7080.