Certified Irrigation Technician
Certification gives you a competitive edge. Become a certified irrigation technician and
- add instant credibility with employers
- increase your job opportunities.
- demonstrate your commitment to efficient water management.
CITs are field technicians who install, maintain and repair irrigation systems. CITs
- cut and join pipe, know the limitations of different piping systems and understand basic hydraulics.
- lay out and install piping and water delivery components; backflow prevention components; mechanical, hydraulic and electrical irrigation controls; and other irrigation system components.
- troubleshoot and repair irrigation components and systems.
Becoming a CIT
To become a CIT, you must:
CIT Exam Fees
Irrigation Technician Exam Fee — $175 (Member), $300 (Nonmember)
Exam Retake Fee — $175 (Member), $300 (Nonmember)
Annual Renewal Fee (one certification) — $75 (Member), $125 (Nonmember); plus $25 for each additional certification
See the Certification Candidate Handbook for exam policies, procedures and fees outside of North America.