Irrigation E3 Program
Exposure, Experience & Education for Students & Teachers
2023 E3 program applications are closed. Applications for the 2024 E3 program will open in spring 2024.
Irrigation E3 Learners
The Irrigation Association has an Irrigation E3 program, which supports students and teachers involved in irrigation through exposure, experience and education. Students can apply to become Irrigation E3 learners.
The Irrigation Association is excited to welcome Irrigation E3 leaders and learners back to the 2023 Irrigation Show and Education Week in San Antonio, Texas!
A selection committee will choose a minimum of 15 students who will receive an education and travel award to attend the 2023 Irrigation Show and Education Week, Nov.27-Dec. 1
. Students will have the chance to take a variety of education classes, attend industry sessions, explore the tradeshow floor and spend time with the 2023 E3 program lead sponsor, The Toro Company.
Who qualifies to become an Irrigation E3 learner?
- students who have expressed an interest in an irrigation-related career path
- students who are enrolled (undergraduate or graduate) at a North American community college, university or similar institution of higher learning
- students who have taken or are currently enrolled in a class with an emphasis in irrigation
- students who have not been selected in prior years as an E3 learner
- students who have a graduation date of December 2023 or later
What deadlines and dates do I need to be aware of?
- May 10 — Application opens for the 2023 E3 program
- Sept. 20 — Deadline to submit application
- Oct. 2 — Notification of application status
- Nov. 27-Dec. 1 — 2023 Irrigation Show and Education Week (San Antonio)
- Create a SmarterSelect account.
- Complete the entire form. (You can save the form and finish later).
- Upload your resume.
- Submit the name, email, title and organization for one academic reference.
- Reference will get an email from SmarterSelect that requires them to submit a letter of reference for you.
- Submit by 11:59 p.m. Pacific, Sept. 20.
Irrigation E3 applications were due Sept. 20 with notification to award winners by Oct. 2.
Please contact the workforce development department (703.536.7080) for any questions or concerns.