Irrigation E3 Program
Exposure, Experience & Education for Students & Teachers
2023 E3 program applications are closed. Applications for the 2024 E3 program will open in spring 2024.
Irrigation E3 Leaders
The Irrigation Association has a program called Irrigation E3, which supports students and teachers involved in irrigation through exposure, experience and education. Faculty members submit an application for consideration as an Irrigation E3 leader.
The Irrigation Association is excited to welcome Irrigation E3 leaders and learners back to the 2023 Irrigation Show and Education Week in San Antonio, Texas!
A selection committee will allocate funds (based on availability) for up to two faculty members to attend the 2023 Irrigation Show and Education Week, Nov. 27-Dec. 1
. Faculty members will have the opportunity to take a variety of education classes, attend industry sessions, make connections on the trade show floor and spend time with the 2023 E3 program lead sponsor, The Toro Company.
Who qualifies to apply for Irrigation E3 leader status?
- instructors who are teaching, or will be teaching within the next six months, irrigation-related coursework at a North American community college, university or similar institution of higher learning
- instructors who have not been selected in prior years as an E3 leader
What deadlines and dates do I need to be aware of?
- May 10 — Application opens for the 2023 E3 program
- Sept. 20 — Deadline to submit application
- Oct. 2 — Notification of application status
- Nov. 27-Dec. 1 — 2023 Irrigation Show and Education Week (San Antonio)
- Create a SmarterSelect account.
- Complete the entire form. (You can save the form and finish later.)
- Submit the name, email, title and organization for your department head.
- Department head will get an email from SmarterSelect that requires them to submit a letter of support.
- Submit by Sept. 20, 2023.
2023 Irrigation E3 applications were due Sept. 20, with notification to award winners by Oct. 2.
Please contact the workforce development department or call 703.536.7080 if you have any questions.