Irrigation E3 Program
Exposure, Experience & Education for Students & Teachers
The 2021 E3 program application will open this summer.
Irrigation E3 Leaders
The Irrigation Association has a program called Irrigation E3, which supports students and teachers involved in irrigation through exposure, experience and education. Faculty members submit an application for consideration as an Irrigation E3 leader.
With the cancellation of the in-person Irrigation Show and Education Week comes a new look for the 2020 E3 program. While the E3 program may look a bit different this year, there will still be plenty of education, experience and exposure.
A selection committee will allocate funds (based on availability) to as many faculty members as possible to participate in the IA’s virtual Education Week+, which will be hosted Nov. 30-Dec. 4. Faculty will have the chance to choose from 30 virtual IA University classes to take during the week. E3 winners will also participate in networking sessions and spend time with the 2020 E3 program lead sponsor, The Toro Company. This will take place during the week of Dec. 7-Dec. 11.
As an added bonus, the winners will be able to attend the IA’s Industry Insights, a weekly webinar series running from October 2020 to March 2021. This webinar series will showcase the ever-changing and evolving business practices, research and technology in the industry.
Who qualifies to apply for Irrigation E3 leader status?
- instructors who are teaching, or will be teaching within the next six months, irrigation-related coursework at a North American community college, university or similar institution of higher learning
- instructors who have not been selected in prior years as an E3 leader
What deadlines and dates do I need to be aware of? (tentative)
- August 2020 — Application opens for the 2020 E3 program
- Oct. 8, 2020 — Deadline to submit application
- Oct. 30, 2020 — Notification of application status
- Nov. 30–Dec. 4, 2020 — Education Week+ (virtual)
- Dec. 7-Dec. 11, 2020 — networking sessions and time with the E3 program lead sponsor (virtual)
- Create a SmarterSelect account.
- Complete the entire form. (You can save form and finish later.)
- Must submit the name, email, title and organization for your department head.
- Department head will get an email from SmarterSelect that requires them to submit a letter of support.
- Submit by 11:59 p.m. Pacific, Oct. 8, 2020.
Irrigation E3 applications are due Oct. 8, 2020, with notification to award winners by Oct. 30, 2020.
For some schools, the Education Week+ dates coincide with final exams or the week prior to final exams; however, the E3 program schedule can be adjusted for students in these situations.
Please contact the workforce development department via email or call 703.536.7080 if you have any questions.