Online Certification Renewal FAQs
How do I access my certification renewal invoice?
Certified professionals can access their certification renewal invoices from their online accounts. Follow the steps below:
- Sign in to the IA website.
- Click on the Certification tab.
- Click on the Certification Invoice to view.
- Certified professionals are able to print the invoice if needed.
I forgot my login information.
You can reset your login information online by going through the Forgot Username or Password process. If that doesn’t work, please send an email to request your account be reset.
I am unable to pay my certification renewal online.
Download and print the invoice from your IA account. Then mail the completed form with either a check or credit card information to:
8280 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Suite 630
Fairfax, VA 22031
NOTE: If your certification has lapsed, you will not be able to renew online. You must contact the IA certification team to learn if you are eligible to reinstate your certification. If eligible, the IA certification team will provide the steps necessary to reinstate your certification. Email or call 703.536.7080.
When is certification renewal payment due?
Certification renewal fees are due annually by Dec. 31 each year. Payments not received by Dec. 31 result in the certification(s) losing the “good standing” status. On Jan. 1, the individual’s contact information is removed from the IA Find a Certified Professional online directory.
On Jan. 1, certified professionals who are no longer in “good standing” are granted an extension until April 30 to pay their certification renewal fees and to earn and submit CEUs. If a renewal payment and required CEUs are not received by April 30, the certified professional’s certification is lapsed. Lapsed certifications are no longer valid or recognized.
NOTE: If your certification(s) has been lapsed and you would like to reinstate it, please contact the IA via email to see if this is possible.
Why is my renewal fee different than my colleagues?
Certification renewal fees are based upon member status and the number of certifications you have.
|CERTIFICATION RENEWAL FEES
|Each additional certification
I am a certified professional, but I am not receiving IA member benefits.
- Membership and certification are two different programs. IA members are not automatically certified professionals and certified professionals are not automatically IA members.
- Certifications belong to individuals and not companies/organizations.
- IA membership and certification each have annual renewal fees.
- If you are a certified professional AND an IA member, you may take advantage of discounted pricing for certification renewal fees, exam fees and study materials.
I am a member of the IA, but the system is displaying a nonmember price.
- It is possible that you are certified but not a member of the IA. Please verify that you or your company is an IA member by visiting the online membership directory. Certification does not come with membership as they are separate programs and have separate fees. You do not have to be a member to be certified, although IA members may take advantage of member-discounted pricing.
- After verification that you are an employee of an IA member company, ensure that your IA account includes your employer’s information.