- your use of the www.irrigation.org website and all subdomains accessible through the website, including pages designated for the following programs and services we offer: Irrigation Show, Irrigation Foundation, SWAT, Irrigation & Lighting, Irrigation Today, our Online Store (where you can purchase products and register for events, classes and webinars) and Irrigation Museum.
- your use of our mobile applications at the annual Irrigation Show and Education Conference.
- events you may attend.
The websites and apps are not intended for use by or targeted at children under 13, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 13.
Our Mission Purposes & Legitimate Interests
The IA is the leading membership organization for irrigation equipment and system manufacturers, dealers, distributors, designers, consultants, contractors and end users. The IA’s mission is to promote efficient irrigation by educating the public on water management, serving as a centralized clearinghouse for research and innovation, improving industry proficiency through continuing education and promoting excellence with professional certification. As such, any information we collect serves to further our mission.
Our Collection of Your Personal Data
The IA acts as the data controller that collects and uses information that, alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify you (“personal data”) in order to deliver our products and services, process applications to join programs, inform you of various opportunities, and provide support, as described below (please also see the “How We Use Information” section below).
Personal Data That You Voluntarily Provide to Us. The IA primarily collects personal data provided to us by individuals when they interact with our products, services and customer service. For example, you may voluntarily provide us with personal data when you sign up for a seminar, submit a web form, call or email us directly, purchase a product, or submit your business card.
The types of personal data that we collect vary based on the services offered on the websites and apps but generally include your name, address, telephone number, company name, job title, email address and other information that you voluntarily submit to us.
Additionally, when you create a profile on our website www.irrigation.org or submit a subscription form on www.irrigationandlighting.org or on our apps, we will collect the information that you elect to upload to your profile, such as a biography, your education and job history, and company information. You should carefully consider whether you wish to submit personal data and whether you wish to make your profile available to other Users, and you should tailor any content you submit appropriately. You should also review any additional terms and conditions that may govern your use of our services.
Information Received From Other Sources. We may receive information about you from publicly available and third-party databases or services that provide information about businesspeople and companies. Information may also be received from third parties from whom we have purchased information (including an individual’s name, job title, business contact information and information about the business where the individual works), and this data is combined with information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new potential members and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. We will obtain your consent before contacting you if required by the law of the country in which you are located.
Automatically Collected Data. As you interact on our websites, we may collect information about your computer or device and visits to one or more of our websites (“automatically collected data”) through cookies, web beacons and other technologies, Internet Protocol (IP) address tracking/URL tracking and other tools. The types of automatically collected data collected on our websites through the use of these and other tools that we may add from time to time may include: the search terms you used, new or returning User information, browser information, computer or device type, operating system, internet service provider, website usage, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, number of clicks and ads viewed.
The IA may use a tracking technique that employs embedded URLs to allow use of the websites without cookies. Embedded URLs allow limited information to follow you as you navigate the websites, but they are not associated with personal data and are not used beyond the session.
Additionally, for some emails that we send to our members through our group email list and electronic newsletters, the IA and its selected business partners may track whether a recipient subsequently clicks through to links (such as advertisements) provided in the message and collect specific information such as: email address of a user, the date and time of the user’s “click,” a message number, name of the list from which the message was sent, tracking URL number and destination page. The IA and its business partners may use this information to customize profiles for our members in order to enhance our products and their distribution to our members and to allow our business partners to potentially offer products and services that may be of interest to our members.
No Collection of Special Data
We do not collect any special categories of personal data such as personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, genetic data, etc., nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
How We Use Information
Provide Our Products and Services and Respond to Requests. We use the personal data we collect from you (unless otherwise restricted by law) to
- provide you support or other services you have ordered from us.
- respond directly to your information requests (including registrations, subscriptions or other specific requests) or other inquiries.
- provide updates on IA initiatives, activities and events.
- process orders and event registrations.
- analyze use of and improve our website, programs, products and services.
Marketing. We also use your contact information to contact you by email, mail or by phone regarding information that we think may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive marketing materials, brochures or emails from the IA, you may inform us of your preference by sending a letter, emailing or calling the IA at the contact information below. You may also update your communication preferences in your IA online account and unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our emails.
Where required by the applicable law, we will send you marketing information or notifications only with your consent, which was given at the time you provided us with the personal data. In such case, if you do not provide us with your consent to the processing of your personal data for this purpose, we will not send you this information. You may withdraw your consent by following the instructions set forth in the marketing section above.
Correspondence. If you correspond with the IA via email, the postal service, our web forms or other form of communication, we may retain the correspondence and the information it contains. We may use the information for business purposes, including responding to your inquiry, notifying you of IA-related opportunities and other marketing purposes. Please read the Marketing section above for more information on our marketing practices and how to opt out or unsubscribe.
URL and IP Address. The IA collects information about Users’ IP addresses, including Users’ utilization of our websites, to help us design our websites to better suit our website Users’ needs. We may use information about your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our websites, analyze trends, track visitor movements and gather information that assists us in identifying visitor preferences. We also may use your IP address to enhance our security and investigate an actual or potential security incident. For EU Data Subjects, this use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests in understanding how the websites and our services are being used by you, to improve your experience on it and for ensuring network and information security.
Disclosure of Information
The IA discloses personal data that we collect (described above) in accordance with the terms set forth in this section.
Selected Third Party Service Providers/Agents. We share your personal data with selected third parties who act as our agents and provide certain services to us to assist us in meeting business operation needs. These parties are authorized to process your personal data, on our behalf and pursuant to our instructions, only as necessary to provide these services to us. We share your personal data with the following service providers:
- providers of payment processing and accounting, as necessary to process payment from our clients
- learning management systems that integrate with our platform
- customer service providers
- providers helping us fulfill subscription services
- providers of research and analytics services
- providers of cloud computing infrastructure services
Business Partners and Affiliates. We may share your information with carefully selected business partners and affiliates whose products and services may be of interest to our members and community. All business partners and affiliates are obligated to implement opt-out mechanisms and honor any opt-out requests by recipients in compliance with applicable laws.
Marketing Lists. We may contract with a third party marketing vendor to make our membership, subscriber, and event lists available to organizations whose products and services may be of interest to our members and community. IA members may opt-out of being included on the foregoing lists.
Trade Show/Conference Meeting Attendee List. Attendees of the Irrigation Show and Education Week may opt-out during the registration process to receive promotional materials from our authorized exhibitors. All authorized exhibitors are obligated to implement opt-out mechanisms and honor any opt-out requests by recipients in compliance with applicable laws.
We may also disclose personal data to third parties in circumstances including
- if you request or authorize it (subject to any applicable laws, we will inform you in advance of the third parties to which we may provide your data and the purpose for doing so and we will obtain your prior consent for such use).
- if the information is provided for any of the following reasons:
- comply with the law (e.g., to comply with a search warrant, subpoena or other legal process)
- fulfill any agreement or contractual obligation we have with you
- protect our rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of our employees or others
- investigate fraud
- respond to a government request or to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
- to address emergencies or acts of God;
- to address disputes, claims, or to persons holding a legal or beneficial interest;
- if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, in which case your personal data and other information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
Credit Card Information
The IA does not disclose credit card information provided by its members and customers. When members and customers choose to pay using their credit cards, the IA submits the information needed to the appropriate clearinghouse through secure payment gate sites to conduct the transactions.
How You Can Access, Correct, Restrict, Delete & Change Information
- Right of access: The IA acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal data. If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your personal data and, upon request, provide you with a copy of that personal data (along with certain other details). If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification and right to erasure: If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you may contact the IA to have it rectified or completed. If we have shared your personal data with others, we will tell them about the rectification where possible. Our websites and apps allow you to access, correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data. You may ask us to delete or remove your personal data and we will do so in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it. (We may not delete your data when other interests outweigh your right to deletion.) If we have shared your data with others, we will tell them about the erasure where possible.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or block the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal data or object to us processing it. We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we have shared your personal data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your personal data and we will do so
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right to be free from decisions based solely on automated processing of your personal data, including profiling, that affect you, unless such processing is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us or you provide your explicit consent to such processing.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your prior consent.
When we receive any of the foregoing requests, we may ask you to provide sufficient evidence of your identity for your own protection so we can ensure that information is being released to the correct person. Requests typically receive a response within thirty (30) days. If we cannot respond within that time frame, we will provide the requesting party with an estimated date by which the information will be provided. If for some reason your request is denied, we will provide an explanation of why it has been denied.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, if the User declines the attachment of any cookie, the User may not have access to the full benefits of the website.
Our Security Measures to Protect Your Personal Data
Inapplicability of Privacy Policies of Any Linked Websites or Other Third Parties
Attn: Data Privacy Manager
Address: 8280 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Suite 630, Fairfax, VA 22031-4511
In no event may personal information about members of the IA, including but not limited to addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses, be copied, collected, compiled, scraped, linked, or otherwise taken from the website and used for commercial purposes without prior written permission from the IA.