Product managers develop and implement strategies to increase awareness of the manufacturer’s products, create brand loyalty, and grow sales and market share for a specific product or product line. Product managers help develop promotional materials to market products and provide technical training to manufacturer, distributor and contractor sales representatives.
- Design marketing and incentive programs to introduce new products, build brand awareness and create a strong preference for manufacturer’s products with specifiers, public agencies, contractors, distributors and other customers.
- Develop and implement plans to increase sales, grow market share and improve profitability.
- Train distributors and contractors, as needed, to promote the benefits of manufacturer’s products and application solutions.
- Analyze products’ competitive position, pricing and distribution strategy as part of short- and long-range strategic planning.
- Work with marketing department to develop materials to promote products to specifiers and customers.
- Monitor changing technologies, market conditions, business opportunities and competitors.
Education & Experience
- Four-year bachelor’s degree required; Master of Business Administration preferred.
- Five years marketing or product development experience in irrigation or related field required; landscape or irrigation design and manufacturing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success meeting business goals and growing sales.