Outside Sales Representative
Outside sales representatives work with contractors and distributors within an assigned territory or market sector to troubleshoot technical problems, select products and place orders. Industry representatives call on current and prospective customers to develop relationships, identify leads, take orders, help solve problems and train customer technicians to install and maintain irrigation systems and equipment.
- Call on current and prospective contractor and distributor customers in a geographic territory to promote manufacturer’s products and services, introduce new products and technologies, and generate orders to meet or exceed monthly sales quotas.
- Assist customers with questions about manufacturer’s products and applications, including providing technical troubleshooting on irrigation system design, installation and maintenance.
- Track and document sales leads, customer service issues and general account status.
- Work with district sales manager to communicate leads to specifier outside sales representatives and product managers.
- Monitor changing market conditions; product innovations; and competitors' products, prices and sales.
Education & Experience
- Four-year bachelor’s degree required.
- Five years experience required in technical product field sales; three to five years irrigation sales and irrigation or landscape experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success meeting sales goals and growing sales.
$65,000 – $85,000*
10% – 15% commission*