Specifier representatives call on landscape architects, irrigation consultants, municipalities and other specifiers in an assigned territory to create demand for manufacturer’s products. Specifier representatives call on current and prospective customers to develop relationships, promote the manufacturer’s brand and products, troubleshoot design problems and identify leads.
- Call on landscape architects, irrigation consultants, municipalities and others within an assigned territory who specify products for irrigation systems.
- Promote manufacturer’s products and applications, introduce new products and technologies, build brand awareness and loyalty.
- Assist specifiers with questions about manufacturer’s products and applications, including providing technical troubleshooting on irrigation system design, installation and maintenance.
- Track and document sales leads, customer service issues and general account status.
- Work with district sales manager to communicate leads to industry outside sales representatives and product managers.
- Monitor changing market conditions; product innovations; and competitors' products, prices and sales.
Education & Experience
- Four-year bachelor’s degree required.
- Five years experience required in technical product field sales; three to five years irrigation sales and irrigation or landscape experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success meeting sales goals and growing sales.
$65,000 – $85,000*
10% – 15% commission*