Operations managers oversee all operations of a specific distributor location, including irrigation services, inventory management, customer service, human resources and administration. Together with sales managers and ownership (for smaller distributors) or headquarters staff (for larger distributors), operations managers identify business objectives; develop budgets and financial forecasts; and implement plans to improve profitability, asset management and employee satisfaction.
- Manage the daily operations of the irrigation service department, including installation and maintenance crews.
- Develop and implement plans to improve operating efficiency, profitability and asset management.
- Oversee on-site inventory, including forecasting demand, monitoring inventory levels and ordering products.
- Hire, evaluate and develop employees to ensure that the branch is fully staffed and team members are properly trained.
- Monitor changing market conditions, business opportunities and competitors.
Education & Experience
- Four-year bachelor’s degree required; Master of Business Administration preferred.
- Five to 10 years agriculture, irrigation and business management experience required; three to five years experience required in agricultural irrigation equipment maintenance and repair.
- Demonstrated success meeting business goals and improving operational performance.
- Recommended certification(s): Certified Agricultural Irrigation Specialist (CAIS), Certified Irrigation Designer (CID).