Irrigation is a vital part of a safe and reliable food supply, keeps U.S. agriculture globally competitive and helps maintain healthy, sustainable green spaces in communities across the nation. It’s up to us to make sure Congress recognizes the value of our industry by enacting legislation and policies that promote efficient irrigation and good water management practices.
Join us as we walk the halls of Congress and tackle problems facing the industry in 2020! In addition to scheduled meetings on Capitol Hill, the Irrigation Association will co-host the 2020 Water Resources Congressional Summit. This event will be jointly presented with the National Groundwater Association and the Water Quality Association.
The Washington, D.C., fly-in offers members a unique opportunity to
- experience Capitol Hill and meet with your congressional offices.
- learn about water-focused legislative priorities that could impact your business.
- engage in lively discussions with senior congressional staff and your elected representatives.
- be a leader and spokesperson for the irrigation industry.
- come away with advocacy strategies to use once you’re back home.
The event will take place on March 3-4, 2020, in Washington, D.C. Registration is open exclusively to IA members. Prior experience is not required to participate in this event. IA staff will brief participants on the topics that will be discussed during the congressional meetings and how to interact with your representatives.
To view a draft schedule of events, click here.
The cost to attend the fly-in is $200. IA advocate members receive a $100 discount on the registration fees. To become a FREE advocate member, complete and return the advocate membership application here.
For questions, contact IA Senior Government and Public Affairs Manager Sarah Roth.