You do not have to accept cookies and consent can be withdrawn at any time (see below “How to Control Cookies”). You can change your browser settings to refuse or restrict cookies, and you may delete them after they have been placed on your device at any time. If you do not accept our cookies, or if you delete our cookies, some areas of our website that you access may work slower or not function properly.
What Is a Cookie
Cookies are small amounts of information that we may store on your local computer or mobile device when you visit our sites. When you visit a site again, the cookies allow us to recognize your browser. Cookies may store your preferences and other information but cannot read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites.
Cookies set by a website owner (in this case, IA) are called first-party cookies. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called third-party cookies. Third party cookies enable us to provide third party features or functionality through our sites (i.e., advertising, social media functions and analytics).
How to Control Cookies
You can delete cookies on your computer at any time by checking the delete cookies option in your browser. After you delete your cookies, you may be asked to log in again on our website.
If you want to know which cookies are installed on your device or if you want to delete them, refer to your browser settings.
You may be able to adjust your cookie settings on your browser or device. Your browser may provide you with the option to refuse some or all non-essential browser cookies.
The information that we collect with cookies allows us to statistically analyze usage of the site and to improve and customize our content and other offerings. However, we only disclose information collected with cookies to third parties on an aggregated basis without the use of any information that personally identifies you.
There are two types of cookies used on our sites:
Strictly Necessary Cookies. These are the cookies that are required for the operation of the site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing. These cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the site and therefore cannot be refused:
- ASP.NET_SessionID: Session cookies that track an active session. This cookie is deleted at the end of the session.
- Login: An encrypted login cookie for the site.
- OrigStoreSessionID: An encrypted unique identifier to store a session ID.
- Asi.Web.Browser.CookiesEnabled: A cookie written to check cookie capture capability by the browser.
- LoginGUID: A GUID representation of the logged in user’s contact key.
- MarketPlaceSession: Contains persistent information about the user’s session, the session ID and the cookie domain. Encrypted.
- _RequestVerificationToken: An anti-forgery cookie designed to stop unauthorized posting of content to a website. It holds no information about the user and is destroyed when the browser is closed.
Analytics and Performance Cookies. The site uses tracking cookies through Google Analytics. These cookies are designed to deliver information that is of most interest to you during your visit and beyond.
The Google Analytics cookies allows us to track, in aggregate, but in no personally identifiable way and without using personal data, traffic patterns on the site so we can optimize our web development and content efforts to better meet your needs.
Types of data that Google Analytics tracks includes (but is not limited to)
- pages visited and number of pages visited per session.
- device type, operating system and browser type and version.
- referring website or URL.
- site search keywords.
Specific tracking cookies include:
- _ga: Google Analytics cookie randomly generated value to track unique visitors to the site; default expiration is two years.
- _gid: Google Analytics cookie randomly generated value to track unique visitors to the site; default expiration is 24 hours.
- _gat: Google Analytics cookie used to throttle request rate; default expiration is one minute.
- gwcc: Google Analytics cookie used to track if people use the click to phone dial feature on phone-based browsers.
- unum: This cookie is part of the ShareThis service and monitors “click-stream” activity, such as webpages viewed, navigation from page to page, time spent on each page, etc. The ShareThis service only personally identifies you if you have separately signed into a ShareThis account.
Should you have any questions about how this website is using cookies that is not addressed above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.