Frequently Asked Questions
What health safety measures is the IA following?
The IA is committed to protecting public health and will follow all safety measures based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, state and building requirements. In addition, attendees will need to follow these general safety measures:
- By attending the 2021 Irrigation Show and Education Week in San Diego, California, you agree to abide by and engage in conduct that is beneficial to health and safety while attending the event and is mandated by the state of California.
- Please do not attend the event if you have the following symptoms: fever, chills, a dry cough, shortness of breath, muscle or body aches, headache, a loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, and nausea or vomiting and diarrhea.
- Please do not attend the event if you have been recently exposed to COVID-19 within 14 days of the event.
View COVID-19 Guidelines
- As of Aug. 18, 2021, for indoor events with 1,000 or more people, everyone must be fully vaccinated or have received a recent negative COVID-19 test.
- Self-attestation may not be used to verify status as fully vaccinated or as proof of negative test result for indoor events scheduled after Sept. 20, 2021. The IA is working through the process of attendees verifying vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test.
- With the exception of outdoors, masks are required indoors for unvaccinated people. Masks are required for the vaccinated and unvaccinated on public transportation (see here for exceptions) and recommended for everyone indoors.
- Requirements and recommendations are to remain in place until Nov. 1, 2021.
What health safety measures will be in place at the San Diego Convention Center?
- The San Diego Convention Center plans to follow state and county guidelines and says they will not implement additional requirements beyond these guidelines.
- The San Diego Convention Center was one of the first convention centers in the United States to achieve the prestigious GBAC STAR facility accreditation. Under the guidance of the Global Biorisk Advisory Council, they have a program of stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention. They are evolving these plans as new information becomes available to them and as they continue preparing to reopen for events.
- The convention center’s food and beverage partner, Centerplate, earned an additional hygiene verification label, Rise SAFE, that is specifically for catering operations. Rise SAFE is managed by Centerplate’s parent company, Sodexo, and Bureau Veritas, an independent world leader in testing, inspection and certification.
What are the guidelines to provide verification of Vaccination and Negative COVID-19 test?
- More details to come on how to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccine.
- Testing should be conducted within 72 hours prior to entering the convention center (both PCR and antigen are acceptable) and results must be available to verify.
Will meeting attendees be required to wear masks?
- As of July 28, 2021, masks are not required but are encouraged for fully vaccinated individuals. Masks are required for unvaccinated individuals in indoor public settings and businesses.
- Vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals are required to wear masks in situations such as on public transportation, transit hubs like an airport, healthcare settings and other locations.
What social distancing measures will be in place at the convention center?
- As of Aug. 18, 2021, there are no social/physical distancing requirements.
- The San Diego Convention Center has hand sanitizer stations in the common areas.
How will the 2021 Irrigation Show differ from prior years?
- The 2021 Irrigation Show will include a stronger focus on in-person business connections — connecting the suppliers of irrigation technology, products and services with the professionals that use them.
- We look forward to bringing back our cornerstone offerings: an energetic trade show, the popular new product contest and our high-quality IA University classes.
- To focus on our core offerings, a few past traditional events are not scheduled this year, including the young professionals breakfast, women in irrigation social, certification luncheon, general session and keynote address.
- IA award presentations and an association update will be held virtually, prior to the Irrigation Show, leaving more time for networking while in San Diego.
- The opening night reception has changed to a Craft Brewfest reception, sponsored by Hunter Industries, held on the show floor so more attendees can enjoy the event.
- This year also hosts the ASABE/IA 6th Decennial National Irrigation Symposium with cutting-edge sessions on the latest research in both ag and landscape.
- The IA is excited to debut two new offerings this year. Innovation Row is a special section on the show floor that will feature startup irrigation technology companies. They will take the stage in a Pitch Competition offering an opportunity for attendees to learn more about their products. Innovation Hub will be a designated presentation area on the show floor hosting product demos, spotlight sessions, the Pitch Competition and the 2021 New Product Contest announcement.
What are the different registration types for the 2021 Irrigation Show?
This year we have three registration types:
- Irrigation Show – This registration type provides access to the exhibit hall and the Craft Brewfest on the show floor.
- Irrigation Show + Symposium – This registration type provides access to the exhibit hall, the Craft Brewfest on the show floor and the ASABE/IA 6th Decennial National Irrigation Symposium sessions.
- IA University – When signing up for one or more classes, you receive access to the exhibit hall and the Craft Brewfest on the show floor.
When will registration open?
Registration opened as of July 1, 2021.
View Registration Details
Will international attendees be allowed to attend?
- At this time, per the San Diego Convention Center’s policy, international guests are able to attend if they show proof of vaccination.
- The IA will provide an invitation letter. Download the invitation letter request form and return it to the email listed on the webpage.
- If a visa is necessary to enter the U.S. from your country, you must apply through the U.S. Department of State. Plan ahead and apply early to allow enough time for application approval.
- Be aware at this time, many U.S. embassies around the world are only issuing visas on an emergency basis. Please check your respective country.
Can I register at the convention center?
Yes, however, the IA strongly encourages preregistration. When you preregister it will help you
- save money.
- enter the show floor or classroom quicker.
- minimize backlog at the registration counter
- secure your spot in education classes.
How do I change my existing registration?
Registrations may be changed by emailing email@example.com.
What is the cancellation and refund policy for the 2021 Irrigation Show?
- Written cancellation and refund requests must be received by Oct. 15 for a full refund. Cancellations received between Oct. 16 and Nov. 15 will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations received after Nov. 15 or for no-shows.
- Cancellations and refund requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 703.536.7019.