The Irrigation Association is excited to plan for the upcoming 2021 Irrigation Show, Dec. 8-9, 2021, and Education Week, Dec. 6-10, 2021, at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, California. The IA continues to be committed to protecting public health and will follow all safety measures based on CDC, state and building requirements. Please check back at this page often for updates related to the possible impact of COVID-19 on the Irrigation Show.
The latest update from the California for All COVID-19 website:
- Over 47 million vaccines have been administered.
- As of Aug. 13, 2021, California’s economy is open with no capacity limits or physical distancing requirements.
- With the exception of outdoors, masks are required indoors for unvaccinated people. Masks are required for the vaccinated and unvaccinated on public transportation (see here for exceptions) and recommended for everyone indoors.
As of Aug. 18, 2021, the California Department of Public Health has issued the following update:
- Vaccine verification or a negative test is a requirement to attend indoor events involving 1,000 or more participants. A valid photo ID is required of those age 18 or older to confirm the individual presenting proof of vaccination or negative test is the attendee entering the facility or venue.
- Self-attestation has been removed as a mode for both vaccine verification and for verification of negative COVID-19 test for indoor events scheduled after Sept. 20, 2021.
The San Diego Convention Center has opened for events as of Aug. 1, 2021. You may visit California COVID-19 restrictions and FAQs to read further about the convention centers preparations and FAQs.
Regarding current travel advisories, please see the California Department of Public Health’s information page for more details.
San Diego Hotels
The San Diego Hotels have been vigilantly following procedures and protocols developed in consideration of guidance and information shared by the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, other leading organizations and experts, and local government requirements and guidance.
IA COVID-19 Requirements & Release
Enhanced Safety & Health Measures
Attendance at the 2021 Irrigation Show and Education Week is subject to compliance with IA, convention center and hotel policies and procedures to implement current CDC and state recommendations.
I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge and hold harmless the IA and its affiliates, including their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and/or representatives, from any claim or cause of action, including all liabilities, penalties, losses, damages, costs or expenses of any kind, arising out of or relating to exposure to COVID-19. I agree that the foregoing release, discharge and covenants apply even when the IA or its affiliate directly or indirectly caused injury, losses or other harm related to COVID-19, whether by negligent acts or omissions, and whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during or after participation in any IA program. This release is binding on my heirs, administrators, executors, successors and assigns.