What will the 2021 Irrigation Show look like?
A Letter from the CEO
Dear irrigation professional,
I am excited to be able to meet in person at the 2021 Irrigation Show and Education Week in the beautiful city of San Diego – as I’m sure many of you are too! Planning for the show is underway at the Irrigation Association, and we’re excited that registration for the event opens July 1. While this year’s show will offer invaluable education, networking and technology opportunities to grow your business as it always has in the past, we want to let you know about a few changes to this year’s event.
How will the 2021 Irrigation Show differ from prior years?
- The 2021 Irrigation Show will include a stronger focus on in-person business connections — connecting our suppliers of irrigation technology, products and services with the professionals that use them.
- We look forward to bringing back our cornerstone offerings: an energetic trade show, the popular new product contest and our high-quality IA University classes.
- To focus on our core offerings, a few past traditional events are not scheduled this year, including the young professionals breakfast, women in irrigation social, certification luncheon, general session and keynote address.
- IA award presentations and an association update will be held virtually, prior to the Irrigation Show, leaving more time for networking while in San Diego.
- The opening night reception has changed to a Craft Brewfest reception, sponsored by Hunter Industries, held on the show floor so more attendees can enjoy the event.
- This year also hosts the ASABE/IA 6th Decennial National Irrigation Symposium with cutting-edge sessions on the latest research in both ag and landscape.
- The IA is excited to debut two new offerings this year. Innovation Row is a special section on the show floor that will feature startup irrigation technology companies. They will take the stage in a Pitch Competition offering an opportunity for attendees to learn more about their products. Innovation Hub will be a designated presentation area on the show floor hosting product demos, spotlight sessions, the Pitch Competition and the 2021 New Product Contest announcement.
While certain portions of the Irrigation Show may look different from previous years, we are confident you will leave with meaningful connections from new suppliers and a renewed excitement for where the irrigation industry is headed. Keep your eyes open for registration information coming to you next week. I can’t wait to see you this December at our industry’s long-awaited reunion.
Deborah M. Hamlin, CAE, FASAE
CEO, Irrigation Association