2019 New Product Contest Eligibility & Rules
New product contest applications are accepted only from companies exhibiting at the upcoming 2019 Irrigation Show. The following provides further information and eligibility rules for the 2019 New Product Contest:
- Products and services must have been introduced and available for purchase between Sept. 1, 2018, and Nov. 15, 2019*, to be eligible for consideration.
- Applications will be accepted in the general categories: agriculture irrigation, golf irrigation, landscape irrigation, landscape lighting, specialty agriculture irrigation and specialty landscape irrigation. (The specialty categories are for products that are not integral to the irrigation or lighting system, such as specialty tools, design programs, etc.)
- Unlimited applications per category per company are permitted.
- Applications must be received by Sept. 1, 2019, to be considered for inclusion in the contest.
- Application submissions must include a high-resolution, color photo (at least 300 dpi) of the product that may be used by show management.
- A product category must have a minimum of three products from different manufacturers.
- Awards will only be presented for each category.
- A product may be in more than one category, but a separate application and fee is required.
Once applications are received:
- Submissions that meet the specified criteria will be entered as contestants in the 2019 New Product Contest.
- The IA will notify all exhibitors of their application status the week of Oct. 15, 2019.
- Eligible and participating contestants are required to submit a $550 fee and complete one agreement form per entry. Agreement form and invoice will be sent with notification. Invoice is payable within 30 days.
- Each company is responsible for bringing their accepted product to the new product contest area of the show floor. All freight/drayage/water are the responsibility of the contestant. If the product is not displayed in the new product contest area during the contest judging period, it will be disqualified from the contest.
- The IA will provide a 2' × 2' pedestal or 2' × 4' draped table for display, electricity if required and signage.
- Judging will take place on Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019, between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Products that are accepted as contestants in the 2019 New Product Contest will be
- listed on the Irrigation Show website and in the 2019 Irrigation Show Guide once an agreement form and payment have been received.
- prominently displayed in the new product contest area of the 2019 Irrigation Show floor.
- evaluated by a panel of judges based on the online application and a five-minute presentation/Q&A session with the judges.
- judged on innovative and/or “changed-for-the-better” qualities; increased or improved irrigation, water or energy efficiency; ease of use; cost benefits; time savings and design quality.
First place winners in each category will be announced during the general session. All applicants should plan to attend- a representative for the winning products will be called to the stage to accept their awards. Names of winning products will be placed on a large sign in a prominent area of the Irrigation Show exhibit hall and will receive
- an award suitable for display.
- free publicity to industry media, including Twitter updates throughout the show, a press release and an article in IA Times.
- customized new product contest logo artwork for company marketing.
- recognition on the Irrigation Show website.
The deadline to submit a product for consideration is Sept. 1, 2019. Please contact Tiffany Wilson, IA exhibit services manager, for information about the new product contest.
Disclaimer: The Irrigation Show new product contest product entries are judged by a panel of industry experts based on information provided by the competition entrants. The new product contest award is not a warranty, endorsement or approval of these products.