On-Site Student Irrigation Poster Competition
At the 2019 Irrigation Show and Education Week, students will have the opportunity to present their latest irrigation projects during the student poster competition held on the exhibition hall floor. Students at two- and four-year institutions of higher education are encouraged to submit posters. The poster contest will be held on the show floor on Thursday, Dec. 5. The Irrigation Show is a premier place for students to present their posters and irrigation knowledge to the irrigation industry and its leaders.
All posters should be focused on irrigation-related topics. Suggested subject areas related to either agricultural or landscape segments include the following:
- design capacity and pressure
- electricity for irrigation systems, troubleshooting and two-wire
- pipe sizing
- precipitation rates
- sprinklers (e.g., efficiency, spacing, uniformity)
The following are specifications for presenting a poster on-site:
- Students must be in attendance and bring their poster with them.
- Posters must be set up by 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 5.
- Students must be present on Thursday, Dec. 5 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for judging and awards presentation.
- Display boards and push pins will be provided.
- Posters must stay up until 2:00 p.m.
- Maximum poster size is 48 inches (width) × 36 inches (height).
Competition categories & prizes
- Judging categories will be community college students/freshman-juniors, senior projects (teams or individuals) and graduate students.
- Prizes will be dependent on the number of entries. Top cash prizes will be $250 cash.
- Oct. 15, 2019 – deadline to submit name and subject of the poster for entry
- Dec. 5, 2019 – mandatory presence to set up, attend poster judging and awards presentation
If you have any questions, please contact Workforce Development and Administration Manager Nicole Preisner (703.536.7080).