Terms & Conditions
This website and its contents are the property of the Irrigation Association. This webpage states the “Terms and Conditions” for the use of the www.irrigation.org website and all subdomains accessible through the website, including pages and sites designated for the following programs and services we offer: Irrigation Show, Irrigation Foundation, SWAT, Irrigation & Lighting, Irrigation Today, our Online Store and Irrigation Museum (referred collectively as the “website”). By using the website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The IA may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting. The Terms “You” and “User” are used to refer to anyone who is accessing the website. If you are using the website on behalf of a company or other legal entity, such entity may have a separate agreement with the IA, but you are nevertheless individually bound by these Terms and Conditions.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE.
Ownership of Copyrights, Trademarks & Other Intellectual Property
The entire contents of the website, including the text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, HTML code, and other “material” are copyrighted by IA under the copyright laws of the United States. User agrees not to remove or obscure copyright notices appearing on the website. The IA grants no copyright or ownership interests to User for any of the material and proprietary information referred to herein belonging to the IA; limited use of the materials is permitted only as expressly stated in the Terms below. Permission to use the website content may be granted in special circumstances on a case-by-case basis. Please direct any requests to use content to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Permitted & Prohibited Uses of Materials
Selected permitted uses of IA materials that are posted on the website.
- Anyone who is doing personal, noncommercial research may view, print material and temporarily store materials from the website, provided that the IA’s copyright notices are not removed and that the reuse of material does not conflict with any of the prohibited uses below.
- Any use other than as described in paragraph one above, requires prior written permission from the IA. Please direct any request by emailing email@example.com.
- User’s Link: You may link or post the link of this website to any document or location. The Irrigation Association does not have any control over link(s) made to any document or location on other websites and is not responsible for any of the content therein.
Selected prohibited uses of IA materials that are posted on the website.
- Except for the permitted uses above, User agrees not to reproduce, distribute, transmit (via print, fax, electronic or other means), modify, alter or create derivative works of the materials contained in the website without prior written permission from the IA.
- User agrees that materials may not be commercially exploited or sold to third parties without prior written authorization from the IA.
- User agrees that materials may not be systematically stored on a server so as to substitute for the purchase of a subscription and/or license agreement to/for the materials.
Name & Logo
User agrees not to use the name of the IA or its publications or their logos for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of the IA.
Interference With Website Operation. User agrees to not access or use the website in any manner that could damage, disable, impair or cause undue burden on the website and/or its host, servers, network, systems or other users. User agrees to not attempt to interfere in any way with the operation of the website; that User will not transmit any virus or worm to the website; that User will not use any spider, robot or any other automated mechanism to access the website and/or its servers or systems; and that User will not engage in flooding, spamming, mail-bombing, crashing or otherwise sending unsolicited email to other users of the website. User further agrees that User will not attempt to access IA information that is not intended for their use; that User will not attempt to log on to a server or account that User is not authorized to access; and that User will not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network related in any way to the website without authorization.
Alteration of Website Content. None of the material contained on the website (including all software, HTML code and other code) may be reverse-engineered, disassembled, decompiled, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, translated into any language or computer language, retransmitted in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photo-reproduction, recordation or otherwise), resold or redistributed without the prior written permission of the IA.
Compliance. User agrees to comply with all applicable laws, as well as with these Terms and Conditions. User agrees not to engage in any unlawful or commercial activity on the website.
Registration & Password
User is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their information and password. User is responsible for all use associated with User registration and the compliance with all Terms and Conditions. User agrees to immediately notify the IA of any unauthorized use of a password or account or any other breach of security.
By using the IA’s “find a member” or “find a certified professional” via the website, the User hereby accepts and agrees to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- The membership directory and all content are proprietary to the IA.
- The content of the directory may not, in whole or in part, be reproduced, republished, duplicated, disseminated, downloaded, entered into a computer database, used as part of or in connection with the preparation, revision, or confirmation of a commercial mailing, database, telephone, fax, email, or other marketing list, or otherwise utilized, in any form or manner or by any means, except for the User’s individual personal or professional use, or upon prior written permission by the IA on a limited case-by-case basis.
- The presence of information about IA members in this directory represents only that these individuals are members in good standing of the IA; it does not represent their consent to allow any other professional, personal or commercial use of the directory information by third parties, or to receive any marketing or related communications, except that inquiries to obtain professional services from potential customers or the public may be made directly to the members.
Termination of Account
The IA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue all of its legal remedies, including, but not limited to, deletion of User postings from the website and immediate termination of User registration with the website or ability to access the website and/or any other service provided to User by the IA, upon any breach by User of these Terms and Conditions or if the IA is unable to verify or authenticate any information User submits to the website for registration. The IA shall not be liable to User nor any third party for any termination of User’s account or access to the website.
Waiver of Liability
The IA does not screen or censor User-generated content made available on the website. The IA is NOT LIABLE for any content posted on the website. User assumes all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom User comes in contact through the website. Should a dispute arise between User and another user, User hereby agrees to release the IA from all claims, demands and damages associated with such a dispute.
In no event shall the IA or any third parties mentioned on the website be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, lost profits or damages resulting from lost IA business interruption) resulting from the use or inability to use the website and the material, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory, and whether or not the IA is advised of the possibility of such damages.
The content that is posted on the website may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. The IA makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the website, the material or other posted content, services, software, text, graphics and links.
The website and material are provided on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind. The IA disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, including the warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement of copyright to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The IA does not warrant that the website will operate error-free or that the website and its server are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. If your use of the website or the material results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment, the IA is not responsible for those costs.
Links to Other Sites
The website may contain links to third-party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to User and not as an endorsement by the IA of the third party or the contents of such third-party websites. Because we do not have any control over such third-party websites, the IA is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party websites. Linking to third-party websites is performed at User’s own risk.
If User accesses this website from outside the United States, User does so at User’s own risk. User agrees to comply with all applicable local rules and laws regarding the transmission of technical information exported from the United States or the country in which User resides.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by laws of the state of Virginia. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under these Terms and Conditions shall lie exclusively with the state or federal courts within the Commonwealth of Virginia. If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.