Homeowner’s Guide to Landscape Irrigation
Most homes have irrigation systems installed to provide supplemental water to the landscape when rainfall is insufficient. There are important benefits to having an efficient irrigation system:
- provides a healthy landscape
- targets water to the intended plant material
- creates a softer environmental footprint by saving on herbicides, insecticides and fertilizers
- limits water runoff from landscapes
- saves money on utility bills
Automatic irrigation systems deliver the right amount of water at the right time when properly programmed and maintained. Efficient irrigation systems
- have watering schedules that account for climate and site conditions, such as: slope, plant type, sprinkler type, soil type and sun exposure.
- operate at correct water pressures according to manufacturer specifications.
- provide uniform water coverage to the landscape.
- use appropriate sprinkler types or drip emitters for the irrigated area.
Download the free Homeowner’s Guide to Landscape Irrigation to learn how to save water, save money and see better results with the following easy strategies:
- Plant right.
- Invest in an irrigation system.
- Water wisely.
- Maintain and upgrade your system.
- Work with an irrigation professional.