- Products and services must have been introduced and available for purchase between Sept. 1, 2019, and Nov. 15, 2020, to be eligible for consideration.
- Products submitted for acceptance in the agriculture irrigation, golf and sports field irrigation, and landscape irrigation categories must be an integral part of an irrigation system in order to deliver, disperse or manage water for irrigation.
- A product may be in more than one category, but a separate application and fee are required.
- There must be at least three entries from different manufacturers to create a category.
- Unlimited applications per category per company are permitted.
- Accepted contestants are required to participate in the Preferred IA Vendor Directory.
- Accepted contestants are required to submit a $1,000 fee for their first product entered. A $550 fee is required for any additional products. An invoice will be attached to acceptance notifications and is payable within 30 days.
- Accepted contestants must have a reliable internet connection and access to a PC/Mac during their scheduled judging session.
- Application submissions must include
- a brief product description.
- innovative features of the product.
- how your product improves water/resource use efficiency.
- how the end user uses the product.
- the product’s life expectancy/warranty.
- a high-resolution, color photo (at least 300 dpi) of the product that may be used by the IA.
- a high-quality, color company logo (EPS with text converted to outlines and a JPG or PNG, all at least 300 × 300 pixels).
Products that are accepted as contestants in the 2020 Virtual New Product Contest will be
- provided a dedicated product profile page on the Education Week+ website.
- evaluated by a panel of judges based on the online application and a video presentation/Q&A session with the judges via Zoom.
- judged on innovative and/or “changed-for-the-better” qualities; increased or improved irrigation, water or energy efficiency; ease of use; cost benefits; time savings and design quality.
One winner in each category will receive
- an award suitable for display.
- free publicity to industry media, including social media posts, a press release and an article in IA Times.
- customized new product contest logo artwork for company marketing.
- recognition on the Irrigation Show website.
- recognition in the Winter issue of Irrigation Today (ag irrigation and specialty ag irrigation categories).
- recognition in the January issue of Irrigation & Green Industry (landscape irrigation, specialty landscape irrigation, golf and sports field irrigation, and landscape lighting categories).
Disclaimer: The Education Week+ new product contest entries are judged by a panel of industry experts based on information provided by the competition entrants. The new product contest award is not a warranty, endorsement or approval of these products.
NEW in 2020! People’s Choice Award
This year, voting will also be open to the public for a “People’s Choice” award. Anyone interested in checking out these innovative new products will have ample opportunity to browse the product pages from Sept. 21 to Nov. 19.
The deadline to submit a product for consideration is Friday, Sept. 11 2020. Please contact Tiffany Wilson, IA senior trade show and exhibit services manager, for more information about the new product contest.