Certified Landscape Irrigation Auditor
Certification gives you a competitive edge. Become a certified landscape irrigation auditor and:
- Add instant credibility with customers.
- Increase job opportunities.
- Qualify to become an EPA WaterSense Partner.
- Demonstrate your commitment to efficient water management.
Certified landscape irrigation auditors are involved in the quantification of landscape irrigation water use. CLIAs:
- Collect site data.
- Make maintenance recommendations and perform minor repairs.
- Perform field measurements and observations.
- Determine irrigation uniformity and efficiency.
- Develop a basic irrigation schedule.
- Work with a water manager or property owner to manage overall irrigation water use.
Certified landscape irrigation auditors must:
- Demonstrate a minimum of one year of irrigation-related work experience.
- Pass a written exam on the principles and practices of auditing.
- Submit an independently completed audit on one rotor and one spray area for evaluation, verified by an IA-certified professional in good standing.
- Agree to follow the Code of Ethics established by the IA Certification Board.
- All CLIAs must submit 20 continuing education units per 2-year cycle to remain in good standing. For details on CEU requirements, click here.
Discover the Select Certified Difference
Questions? Contact IA at email@example.com or 703.536.7080.