FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Commissioner Adam Putnam to be the featured speaker at IA’s 2017 Water Summit
FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA (Oct. 26, 2017) – The Irrigation Association is excited to announce that the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Commissioner Adam Putnam will be the featured speaker at the 2017 Water Summit. The summit will be held on Friday, Nov. 10 in conjunction with the 2017 Irrigation Show and Education Conference in Orlando, Florida.
“Commissioner Putnam is the perfect speaker to kick off our 2017 Water Summit,” said IA Government and Public Affairs Director John Farner. “A friend of both the agricultural and landscape industries, the commissioner has a great perspective on the importance of water use and management in Florida.”
In addition to Commissioner Putnam, the summit will also include two panels of experts in agriculture and landscape water use. The first panel, focusing on sustainability, will feature the following speakers:
- Warren Gorowitz, vice president of sustainability, Ewing Irrigation and Landscape Supply
- Amy Graham, president and CEO, Texas Nursery and Landscape Association
The second panel, focusing on water challenges, will feature the following speakers:
- Ben Bolusky, CEO, Florida Nursery, Growers and Landscape Association
- Chris Butts, executive director, Georgia Green Industry Association
- Dennis Carman, chief engineer and director, White River Irrigation District
- Katie Masucci, environmental education coordinator, City of Plano, Texas
“The IA’s water summit is our opportunity to talk about how irrigation provides solutions, rather than problems,” continued Farner. “We are honored to have such a strong program for our 2017 summit.”
The 2017 Water Summit is free of charge and open to the public. For more information regarding the summit, please visit www.irrigationshow.org.