2017 Faculty Academy registration open
FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA (March 3, 2017) — The Irrigation Foundation will be offering both agriculture and landscape versions of its Irrigation Faculty Academy. The two events will allow instructors to network with fellow academics and learn irrigation-related curriculum to take back to the classroom.
The Agriculture Faculty Academy will be held at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln Extension in Grand Island, Nebraska, June 8-9. Participants must register by April 20. Sessions include the following:
- Automated Irrigation Management
- Center Pivot and Linear Move Irrigation System Overview
- Center Pivot Hands-on Activity
- Irrigation Management Approaches
- Pumping Plants
- Recent Advances in Center Pivots
- What Is Variable Rate Irrigation?
- Tour of T-L Irrigation
The Landscape Faculty Academy will be held at The Walt Disney World’s Horticulture Services in Orlando, Florida, June 15-16. Participants must register by April 27. Sessions include the following:
- Anatomy of an Irrigation System
- Design Capacity
- Drip Conversion and Hands-on Activity
- Irrigation Maintenance at The Walt Disney World Resort
- Pipe Sizing
- Pressure Regulation and Hands-on Activity
- Tour of Behind the Seeds
- Tour of Irrigation at Animal Kingdom
Both events are free to attend and open to instructors teaching at high schools and two- and four-year institutions. Travel grant assistance is available to qualifying applicants on a first-come, first-served basis.
The full schedule and travel information for each event can be found on the Foundation’s website.
Many thanks to our sponsors: Rain Bird Corporation, lead sponsor of the Agriculture Faculty Academy, along with Irrometer Company, T-L Irrigation and Nebraska Extension as supporting sponsors. The Landscape Faculty Academy is being supported by BrightView Landscape Services, Hunter Industries and Irrometer Company.