Irrigation Foundation releases its 2016 Annual Report
FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA (April 26, 2017) — The Irrigation Foundation has released its 2016 Annual Report, an overview of the Foundation’s accomplishments and initiatives. The annual report is released as an online version and can be found on the Foundation’s website.
Through outreach to students and faculty, the Foundation continues to achieve its mission to promote careers in irrigation. Some of the Foundation’s accomplishments in 2016 include
- sending 23 students and three educators as part of the Irrigation E3 Program to the 2016 Irrigation Show and Education Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- establishing a scholarship program to help students as they continue their studies in the irrigation field and pursue careers in the industry.
- hosting the annual landscape-focused and agriculture-focused Faculty Academies that 100 percent of participants rated as good or excellent and well worth attending again.
- helping to facilitate nearly 30,000 job views on the Irrigation Career Link since its inception in 2012.
- recognizing Ronald Sneed, PhD, PE, CAIS, CIC, CID, as the 2016 Excellence in Education recipient.
For additional information about the Foundation or how your company can support or volunteer, visit www.irrigationfoundation.org or contact the Foundation Coordinator Nicole Preisner (703.536.7080).