Branch managers oversee all operations of a specific distributor location, including sales and marketing, inventory management, customer service, human resources and administration. Together with ownership (for smaller distributors) or headquarters staff (for larger distributors), branch managers identify business objectives; develop budgets and financial forecasts; and implement plans to increase sales, profitability, market share, and customer and employee satisfaction.
- Develop and implement plans to grow sales.
- Together with outside sales representatives, call on large or priority customers and prospects to promote distributor’s products and services, introduce new products and technologies, and present proposals.
- Oversee on-site inventory, including forecasting demand, monitoring inventory levels and ordering products.
- Hire, evaluate and develop employees to ensure that the branch is fully staffed and team members are properly trained.
- Manage relationships with suppliers, including developing strategic sourcing agreements, identifying new business partners and sharing customer feedback for product development.
- Monitor changing market conditions, business opportunities and competitors.
Education & Experience
- Four-year bachelor’s degree required.
- Five to 10 years industry and business management experience required.
- Demonstrated success meeting business goals and growing sales.
- Recommended certification(s): Certified Irrigation Contractor (CIC), Certified Irrigation Designer (CID).
$70,000 – $85,000*
10% – 15% commission*