Irrigation installers implement agriculture irrigation system designs. Installers dig irrigation dams, canals and ditches; assemble, install and test irrigation equipment; and retrofit older systems to improve water efficiency and reduce operating costs.
- Install new irrigation systems, including preparing the job site; laying out piping, drip tape and other components; assembling center pivots; and testing the installation.
- Retrofit older systems with newer technology to improve water efficiency and reduce operating costs.
- Operate hand tools, heavy equipment and farm vehicles as needed.
- Maintain detailed records of service activities and completed work orders.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma/GED required.
- One year irrigation experience required; three years preferred.
- Experience preferred with manufacturer brands carried by dealer/distributor.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred.
- Recommended certification(s): Certified Agricultural Irrigation Specialist (CAIS), manufacturer certification, state pesticide application certification, state fertilizer application license or certification, equipment operator license.