District Sales Manager
District sales managers oversee sales activities in a specific geographic area. Together with regional and national sales managers, district managers identify business objectives; develop budgets and financial forecasts; and implement plans to increase brand awareness, sales, profitability, market share and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans, sales calls and district business development activities to grow sales and market share.
- Call on large or priority dealer/distributors, growers, specifiers, water districts and purveyors, government agencies and prospective customers to promote manufacturer’s products and applications, introduce new products and technologies, and present proposals.
- Work with regional sales manager to hire, evaluate and develop sales representatives and support personnel to ensure that the territory is fully serviced and employees are properly trained.
- Provide technical and sales training to manufacturer and dealer/distributor sales representatives.
- Monitor changing market conditions, business opportunities and competitors.
Education & Experience
- Four-year bachelor’s degree required; Master of Business Administration preferred.
- Five to 10 years experience required in technical product field sales; three to five years business management, irrigation sales, and irrigation or agriculture experience required.
- Demonstrated success meeting business goals and growing sales.
$60,000 – $80,000*
10% – 15% commission*