There are a number of organizations that represent the irrigation and water management sector and offer resources for students and educators. For more information, contact each organization directly:
- The American School Counselor Association provides professional development, publications and other resources to its members. ASCA’s annual conference brings together over 2,000 school counselors, counselor educators, supervisors and graduate students and includes education sessions, networking events and an exhibit hall.
- The National FFA Organization (formerly Future Farmers of America) is a student organization for those interested in agriculture and leadership. Each year, the National FFA Convention and Expo brings together nearly 47,000 high school students and 4,000 agriculture teachers for educational sessions, tours, leadership workshops and competitive student events, including irrigation competitions.
- The National Association of Landscape Professionals (formerly PLANET, the Professional Landcare Network) represents more than 100,000 landscape professionals. The National Collegiate Landscape Competition (formerly PLANET Student Career Days) is a three-day, competitive event for students enrolled in college and university horticulture and landscape programs. In addition to education workshops and networking, the annual event includes individual and team competitions.
- The LandLovers is a collaborative initiative to promote careers in the nursery, landscape and garden industries. The website is sponsored by NALP, AmericanHort and the American Society for Horticultural Science and includes information for students, parents and counselors.
- Comprehensive index of organizations focused on water conservation, drought, research and other irrigation-related topics.