June 21-22, 2018
Front Range Community College
The 2018 landscape Faculty Academy is being held June 21-22 at Front Range Community College in Westminster, Colorado. Horticulture, turf and landscape educators from across the country spend two days networking and learning about irrigation-related curriculum that can be used in the classroom. The event is free to attend, and grant assistance to aid with travel expenses is available on a first-come, first-served basis with preference given to those whose institutions can provide partial financial support. It is open to all instructors teaching at high schools and two- and four-year institutions.
The sessions for the 2018 event included the following:
- Careers in Irrigation Consulting & Design
- Greenhouse Irrigation
- Irrigation Best Management Practices Review
- Irrigation Components
- PVC, Poly Pipe & HDPE Installation Lab
- Two-wire Systems Teaching Lab
- Two-wire Troubleshooting Teaching Lab
- Tour of an irrigation job site
- Tour of the Denver Botanic Gardens
Those who are IA-certified will receive 10.75 CEUs for this year's event.
Take a look at the 2018 complete schedule and travel details. Registration for the 2018 landscape Faculty Academy is now closed. The location and date for 2019 landscape Faculty Academy will be announced this fall.