June 21-22, 2018
Front Range Community College
The 2018 landscape Faculty Academy is being held June 21-22 at Front Range Community College in Westminster, Colorado. Horticulture, turf and landscape educators from across the country spend two days networking and learning about irrigation-related curriculum that can be used in the classroom. The event is free to attend, and grant assistance to aid with travel expenses is available on a first-come, first-served basis with preference given to those whose institutions can provide partial financial support. It is open to all instructors teaching at high schools and two- and four-year institutions.
The sessions for the 2018 event included the following:
- Careers in Irrigation Consulting & Design
- Greenhouse Irrigation
- Irrigation Best Management Practices Review
- Irrigation Components
- PVC, Poly Pipe & HDPE Installation Lab
- Two-wire Systems Teaching Lab
- Two-wire Troubleshooting Teaching Lab
- Tour of Dawn Industries
- Tour of the Denver Botanic Gardens
Take a look at the 2018 complete schedule and travel details. Registration for the 2018 Faculty Academy will open early spring 2018.