Since its inception, the Irrigation Foundation has focused on ensuring the long-term health of the industry by working to recruit qualified candidates to irrigation careers. Key accomplishments include:
- Helping almost 150 faculty members from almost 130 schools expand and improve curriculum related to irrigation and water management through our annual Faculty Academies.
- Reaching almost 15,750 students in over 650 courses taught by Faculty Academy attendees.
- Reaching more than 1,000 students through irrigation workshops and competitions at the National FFA Convention and Expo and the National Collegiate Landscape Competition (formerly PLANET Student Career Days).
- Sponsoring over 55 students and 16 instructors to attend the Irrigation Show and Education Conference to learn about the industry and network with potential employers.
- Promoting the study of and careers in the irrigation field by providing 16 students with Irrigation Foundation scholarships.