FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Irrigation Foundation Announces Winners of Irrigation E3 Program
FALLS CHURCH, VA (Oct. 11, 2013)
— The Irrigation Foundation has named 11 exemplary students and faculty as winners of the 2013 Irrigation E3 Program. This year’s winning class will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to the Irrigation Show and Education Conference, Nov. 4 – 8, in Austin, Texas.
“The E3 Program itself had a record number of applicants, and we’re thrilled to see growing interest in the program,” said Foundation Manager Noreen Rich. “Based on funding, we selected eight students and three faculty members to join us in Austin. Four PLANET Student Career Days contest winners are also a part of this year’s class. This is a record high for us, and we’re excited that they’ll have the opportunity to network with the best-of-the-best in Austin.”
This year’s Irrigation E3 winners are:
- Chad Goodman — Brigham Young University (E3 Learner)
- Claire Ehrlinger — MiraCosta College (E3 Leader)
- Dusty Hayes — Oklahoma State University (E3 Learner)
- Eric Sabin — Colorado State University (E3 Learner)
- Jeremiah Wheeler — Shasta College (E3 Learner)
- Kevin Hartenberger — University of Wisconsin-Platteville (E3 Learner)
- Lance Wright — Kansas State University (E3 Learner)
- Marcus Duck — Michigan State University (E3 Leader)
- Matt Ward — Brigham Young University (E3 Learner)
- Ntsieng Rasoeu — South Dakota State University (E3 Learner)
- Zachary Johnson — Colorado State University (E3 Leader)
These students will join the PLANET SCD contest winners for a total of 15 individuals who will travel to the Irrigation Show in Austin to attend educational irrigation classes, view the latest industry technologies, attend networking events and gain exposure to all the industry has to offer. PLANET SCD contest winners include:
- Dave Erdman — Michigan State University (SCD Winner/E3 Learner)
- Jeff Elshoff — Michigan State University (SCD Winner/E3 Learner)
- Jonathan Stuart — Gwinnett Technical College (SCD Winner/E3 Learner)
- Robby Meyer — Gwinett Technical College (SCD Winner/E3 Learner)
Founded in 2012, the Irrigation E3 Program aims to actively engage the next generation of irrigators and is based on three E’s: exposure, experience and education. Academics nominate outstanding students for consideration as an E3 Learner and/or apply to become an E3 Leader themselves. Those selected as either an Irrigation E3 Learner or Leader receive an all-expenses-paid trip to the Irrigation Show. Visit www.irrigation.org/irrigatione3 to learn more about the program and to apply.
For more information on Foundation activities or to sponsor the Irrigation E3 Program, visit www.irrigationfoundation.org or contact Noreen Rich.