WaterSense is a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency program that promotes water-efficient products, programs and practices to protect future water supplies. In its partnership with the WaterSense program, IA administers professional certification programs that meet WaterSense criteria; provide water efficiency education; maintain and provide up-to-date business contact information to EPA on its certified professionals; help promote WaterSense and water efficiency; and provide other support as specified in the WaterSense Professional Certification Program Labeling System.
As part of the WaterSense program, certified professionals:
- Tap into the power of EPA’s consumer awareness campaign.
- Promote themselves as being certified by a WaterSense labeled program.
- Qualify to use the WaterSense promotional label on business cards, brochures and marketing materials.
- Are listed in EPA's online directory of irrigation professionals.
- Have access to free promotional materials and tools developed by EPA.
- Become certified in one of IA’s qualifying programs:
- Stay in good standing by submitting 20 continuing education units per 2-year cycle. Review CEU requirements or contact the IA office (firstname.lastname@example.org; 703.536.7080) for more information.
Questions? Visit www.epa.gov/watersense or contact EPA at 866.WTR.SENS (987.7367).