FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Irrigation Association Joins as Partner for National Lawn Care Month
FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA (March 22, 2017)
– The Irrigation Association is pleased to announce that it will once again be a partner during the National Association of Landscape Professional’s National Lawn Care Month.
For many years, the landscape industry has recognized April as National Lawn Care Month. In 2014, NALP created a grassroots campaign to promote the initiative. In order to support industry professionals when they talk about lawn care with their clients, a webpage was created
, which provides a variety of tools that landscape and lawn care companies can use.
In 2015, Turfgrass Producers International became the first partner of National Lawn Care Month. In 2016, the IA and Outdoor Power Equipment Institute signed on as additional partners.
“We are excited to continue our partnership with NALP and our industry partners in 2017 on this important initiative,” said Deborah Hamlin, CAE, FASAE, CEO of Irrigation Association. “When managed properly, landscapes bring so many benefits to our communities. National Lawn Care Month is a great reminder to mow, fertilize and irrigate responsibly.”
A February 2015 survey conducted on behalf of NALP showed that 78 percent of U.S. adults report having a home with a lawn and/or landscaping. The vast majority of that group (94 percent) say lawn and landscaping services were performed at their home in the past year – with 44 percent reporting they hired a professional to perform any services.
According to the findings, many Americans actually lack basic lawn care knowledge. When quizzed:
- 64 percent of Americans falsely believe all grass needs to be fertilized in the spring.
- 57 percent of Americans mistakenly believe if a lawn is not green, it is not healthy.
- 32 percent of Americans (nearly one in three) admit they aren’t sure how often a lawn should be watered.
- 31 percent of Americans who have a lawn/landscape say they don’t know how to grow a healthy/lush lawn.
For additional resources, visit the National Lawn Care Month toolkit
for infographics and resources to promote lawn and landscape care. The IA will be sharing tips, facts and information on Facebook
throughout the month as well. About the Irrigation Association
The Irrigation Association is the leading membership organization for irrigation companies and professionals. The IA is committed to promoting efficient irrigation and to long-term sustainability of water resources for future generations. IA works to improve industry proficiency, advocate sound water management and grow demand for water-efficient products and services. For more information, visit www.irrigation.org