FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
IA and Foundation Now Accepting 2017 Award Nominations
FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA (March 16, 2017) — The Irrigation Association and the Irrigation Foundation are accepting nominations for their annual awards programs
. Nominations are due Monday, May 15.
Each year, the IA and the Foundation recognize individuals and organizations that have made, and continue to make, outstanding contributions toward the advancement of the irrigation industry. Honor exceptional colleagues and companies by nominating them for an IA award:
- The Crawford Reid Memorial Award recognizes significant achievements in the promotion of proper irrigation techniques, procedures and industry advancements outside of the United States.
- The Industry Achievement Award recognizes an individual from an industry firm who has made outstanding contributions to the development of the irrigation industry.
- The National Water and Energy Conservation Award is presented for significant achievement in the conservation of water and energy relating to irrigation procedures, equipment, methods and techniques.
- The Partner of the Year Award is awarded to a person or group making exceptional contributions in areas related or integral to the irrigation industry.
- The Person of the Year Award is awarded to an individual outside of the irrigation industry for outstanding contributions toward the acceptance of sound irrigation practices.
The Foundation is accepting nominations for:
- The Excellence in Education Award, which recognizes an individual who is actively teaching or has formerly taught irrigation, water management and/or water conservation in affiliation with a two- or four-year institution. Sponsored by Hunter Industries, Inc., the recipient of this award will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to the 2017 Irrigation Show and Education Conference.
Winners will be selected by the IA Awards and Honors Committee and will be recognized during the general session at the 2017 Irrigation Show and Education Conference
in Orlando, Florida, Nov. 6 – 10. Winners will also be recognized across IA’s media channels, including its monthly e-newsletter, IA Times
, and the quarterly magazine, Irrigation Today
For more information or to nominate a deserving individual or organization for an IA award, visit www.irrigation.org/awards
. To nominate an instructor for the Foundation’s Excellence in Education Award, visit www.irrigation.org/excellenceineducation
About the Irrigation Association
The Irrigation Association is the leading membership organization for irrigation companies and professionals. The IA is committed to promoting efficient irrigation and to long-term sustainability of water resources for future generations. The IA works to improve industry proficiency, advocate sound water management and grow demand for water-efficient products and services. For more information, visit www.irrigation.org
. About the Irrigation Foundation
The Irrigation Foundation strives for a future where the irrigation industry is thriving with an ample supply of educated, highly skilled professionals who employ technology and best practices to provide efficient irrigation solutions that protect water resources and the environment. For more information, visit www.irrigationfoundation.org