Best Practices & Standards
Turf & Landscape Irrigation Best Management Practices
Together with recognized irrigation experts, IA has developed best management practices for turf and landscape. These BMPs are designed to:
- Raise the bar for efficient water management.
- Preserve water supplies and protect water quality.
- Help stakeholders formulate and implement sound water policies, including appropriate codes and standards for effective water stewardship.
- Help water purveyors, industry professionals and irrigation consumers make responsible and informed decisions about water use.
Each BMP includes a corresponding practice guideline that provides a template to establish specifications that address local needs. Practice guidelines are based on proven scientific and engineering principles.
Click on a topic to learn more, or download the complete Turf & Landscape Irrigation Best Management Practices.
- Assure overall quality of the irrigation system.
- Design the irrigation system for efficient and uniform water distribution.
- Install the irrigation system to meet design criteria.
- Maintain the irrigation system for optimum performance.
- Manage the irrigation system to respond to changing water requirements.