Smart Irrigation Month
Become part of the Smart Irrigation Month campaign and position your company as a leader in water-saving practices with customers, business partners and peers.
No matter your company type, market focus or size, it’s easy to be smart — in July and year-round.
- Snap a selfie to show your support for water-use efficiency! Download or print the #SmartSelfie sign and grab a picture of you supporting water efficiency. Be sure to tag the IA on Facebook (www.facebook.com/irrigationassociation) or Twitter (@IrrigationAssoc) and use the hashtags #SmartIrrigationMonth and #SmartSelfie in your post. The photo tagged to the IA Facebook page that receives the most likes will win a free registration to the 2017 Irrigation Show and Education Conference.
- Add the Smart Irrigation Month logo to your website, ads, customer presentations, field signs, invoices and more.
- Submit a press release or letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
- Include an article on irrigation best practices in your company newsletter.
- Ask employees to add the Smart Irrigation Month logo to their e-mail signature block.
- Encourage sales and marketing staff to participate in dealer and distributor Smart Irrigation Month activities.
- Hand out Smart Irrigation Month bumper stickers at your next contractor meeting.
- Host a live demonstration of water-saving irrigation technologies in the field or at your location.
- Feature water-efficient products and services in displays, ads, promotions and product demos with the Smart Irrigation Month logo.
- Use a banner, outside signage or counter sign to encourage customers to ask about how smart irrigation can save water and money.
- Make smart irrigation the theme of sales calls.
- Promote water-efficient products that qualify for rebates from your local water authority.
- Stick a Smart Irrigation Month label on every box that goes out the door.
- Give awards to customers and/or business partners who promote water-efficient practices.
- Partner with your local water provider.
- Lobby your town to proclaim July as Smart Irrigation Month.
- Include a statement stuffer in a community coupon book or customer mailing.
- Encourage customers to make existing systems more efficient with easy retrofits, like rain sensors, moisture sensors and pressure regulators.
- Volunteer to speak to a local homeowner association, garden club or civic group.
- Give out copies of the Smart Irrigation Month coloring book at a farmers market or county fair.
- Ask your local radio station to play a public service announcement.
For even more smart ideas: