Water resources are increasingly becoming targets of legislation and regulation. The Irrigation Association brings a strong voice to legislative and regulatory discussions that represents the positions of our stakeholders to a wide range of policymakers and those in a position to make decisions.
Our government affairs team works at federal, state, regional and local levels to:
- Educate elected officials about the economic and community benefits of efficient irrigation and long-term sustainability.
- Promote stewardship policy goals that define the best in water resource planning.
- Represent our members’ interests on a wide variety of public policy issues that affect the irrigation industry.
- Develop partnerships with associations, public and private agencies, and other organizations to promote water-use efficiency, advocate sound policies and define best practices.
- Increase our industry’s visibility with elected officials and political candidates through our political action committee, IrrigationPAC.
- Provide regular updates on issues affecting the industry and IA advocacy activities and accomplishments.