2013 New Product Contest Eligibility & Rules
New Product Contest applications are accepted only from
companies exhibiting in the upcoming Irrigation Show.
For the 2013 contest:
and services must have been introduced and available for purchase between Sept.
1, 2012, and Aug. 31, 2013, to be eligible for consideration.
- Applications will be accepted in three irrigation categories (agriculture, golf and turf/landscape) and a
specialty category. Products submitted for acceptance in the agriculture,
golf, and turf/landscape irrigation categories must be an integral part of
an irrigation system in order to deliver, disperse or manage water for
irrigation. Products submitted for acceptance in the specialty category
are ancillary products that are not used in an irrigation system.
- Unlimited applications per
category per company are permitted.
- Applications must be received by Saturday, Aug. 31, 2013 to be considered for inclusion in the contest. Check back in June for details about how to apply for the contest.
- Awards will only be presented in
categories for which three products have been submitted.
- Product information for each accepted entry must be
submitted on our submission web site by Friday, Sept. 20.
Once applications are received:
- IA will notify all exhibitors of
their application status the week of Sept. 9, 2013.
- Submissions that meet the
specified criteria will be entered as contestants in the 2013 New Product
- Eligible and participating
contestants are required to submit a $500 fee and complete one agreement
form per entry.
- Each company is responsible for
bringing each accepted product to the New Product Contest area of the show
floor. All freight/drayage/water/electrical costs are the responsibility
of the contestant. If the product is not displayed in the New Product
Contest area during the contest judging period, it will be disqualified
from the contest.
Products that are accepted as contestants in the 2013 New
Product Contest will be:
- Prominently displayed in the New
Product Contest area of the 2013 Irrigation Show floor.
- Evaluated by a panel of judges
based on the online application and a 5-minute presentation/Q&A
session with the judges.
- Judged on innovative and/or
"changed for the better" qualities, increased irrigation
efficiency, ease of use, cost benefits, time savings and design quality.
- A People’s Choice Award will be awarded to one product in
The first place and honorable mention winners receive:
- Winners in each category will be
announced and receive an award at the General Session & Keynote during
2013 Irrigation Show.
- Winning products will be
displayed on a large sign in a prominent area of the Irrigation Show
exhibit hall (after the General Session occurs).
- Free publicity to industry media,
including twitter updates throughout the show, a press release and an
article in the IA Times.
- Customized New Product Contest
logo artwork for company marketing.
- Recognition on the show website
If you would like more information about the New Product Contest,
please contact Evelyn Heinemeier by phone at (703) 536-7080 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.