Regional Sales Manager
Regional sales managers oversee sales activities for multiple geographic territories. Together with district and national sales managers, regional managers identify business objectives; develop budgets and financial forecasts; and implement plans to increase sales, profitability, market share and customer satisfaction. Regional sales managers work closely with distributors to develop and implement business plans to achieve manufacturer’s sales and market share goals.
- Establish sales objectives by creating a sales plan and targets for districts to support corporate national objectives.
- Implement marketing and incentive programs to increase sales, introduce new products and services, grow market share and improve profitability.
- Work closely with district sales managers and distributor partners to develop and implement annual business plans that identify sales and marketing strategies and initiatives for the coming fiscal year.
- Help develop and implement inventory strategy to ensure manufacturer and distribution network has sufficient stock to meet customer demands.
- Work with district and national sales managers to hire, evaluate and develop outside sales representatives and support personnel to ensure that the territory is fully serviced and employees are properly trained.
- Monitor and develop plans to address changing market conditions, business opportunities and competitor initiatives.
Education & Experience
- Four-year bachelor’s degree required; Master of Business Administration preferred.
- Five to 10 years experience required in technical product field sales; five years business management, irrigation sales and irrigation or landscape experience required.
- Demonstrated success meeting business goals and growing sales.
$90,000 – $110,000*
10% – 15% commission*