Jobsite foremen/supervisors are responsible for one crew that installs, maintains and services irrigation systems. Foremen/supervisors coordinate crew members’ schedules, confirm they have the materials and equipment needed for each job, delegate tasks on-site, and ensure that crew members follow all required procedures and safety regulations.
- Train crew members on-site as needed to safely operate equipment; install, troubleshoot and repair irrigation components and systems; and perform regular maintenance.
- Maintain detailed records of crew work hours, maintenance activities and completed work orders.
- Operate hand tools, heavy equipment and farm vehicles as needed.
- Keep current with best practices and manufacturer guidelines for irrigation system installation, maintenance and repair, as well as new products and services.
- Communicate with customers and operations manager throughout the project.
- Ensure crew complies with all regulations and laws, including safe equipment operation and chemical handling.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma/GED required; two-year associate degree preferred.
- Three years irrigation experience required; supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience preferred with manufacturer brands carried by dealer/distributor.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred.
- Recommended certification(s): Certified Agricultural Irrigation Specialist (CAIS), manufacturer certification, state pesticide application certification or license.