New in 2010, IA certification exams can be conveniently taken at hundreds of testing centers across North America.
Certification candidates select the exam date, time and location that works best for them and receive preliminary results immediately after completing the exam. Reduce time out of the office by taking the exam at a testing center near you.
Please note, you will not schedule your exam time, date and location until after your application and registration have been processed and approved.
- Find the right certification program and review the application requirements.
- Register by selecting the appropriate exam.
- Select both the Exam Application and Exam during step two of the registration process. Note: If you have already submitted an application to this specific program, you will need to fax or mail your registration to IA. You will be able to register to retake an exam in step two of the online registration process.
- After you submit your information, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Within 21 days, you will receive official notice of your acceptance into the program or an explanation of what additional criteria you must meet before being admitted.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive an e-mail that provides exam log on credentials and instructions.
- Schedule your preferred exam date, time and location and you will receive an e-mail confirming your exam information.
- On the test day, complete the exam and receive your preliminary results on-site; no results will be distributed over the phone. In certain cases, such as when a new exam is given, exam results may be held for review.
- Once you have completed the program requirements and have earned the certification, start promoting your new credential with your free certification toolkit.
- Keep your IA certification in good standing by meeting the continuing education requirements.
For additional information about computer-based testing, contact the IA office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.536.7080.