All certified professionals are required to submit 20 CEUs per 2-year cycle to remain in good standing. Newly certified professionals will be assigned a CEU cycle. This cycle will begin the year following when the designation was earned.
For information about your CEU cycle, contact the IA office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.536.7080.
Certified professionals must submit only the required number of CEUs per cycle regardless of number of designations. CEUs must:
- Be earned in the current certification cycle (no carryovers allowed after 2010).
- Be submitted by Dec. 31 of the certification year.
- Include a minimum of ten (10) CEUs for irrigation-specific continuing education per 2-year cycle.
Earn CEUs by:
- Attending irrigation and green industry classes, conferences, trade shows or other training.
- Teaching irrigation classes.
- Earning additional IA certifications.
- Presenting irrigation-focused technical papers.
- Judging irrigation competitions.
- Writing irrigation reference materials or books.
- Serving on an industry association board or committee.
- Attending business courses or seminars.
Submit CEUs online at no charge, or mail or fax CEU submissions (a $25 processing fee).