Call for Papers for 2017 Technical Program
The deadline for submitting proposals has been extended to March 28, 2017.
The Irrigation Association invites all persons interested in irrigation issues to submit abstracts to be considered for presentation at the technical program held during the 2017 Irrigation Show and Education Conference. Papers/presentations must be nonproprietary and educational in nature, not sales or product-specific. They may include research, programs and case studies. A special invitation is extended to agriculture growers and producers, as well as landscape and irrigation managers who can share successful applications of irrigation in managing water resources. The paper and presentations shall be in English; translators will not be provided or permitted.
Abstracts must be submitted online no later than March 28, 2017. By submitting a proposal, authors agree to:
- Pay the $100 publishing fee at time of acceptance. An invoice will be sent with the acceptance notification, and it is payable within 30 days.
- Sign a certificate of agreement that includes:
- Acknowledging the October 16, 2017, deadline for submitting the final paper.
- Agreeing to present at the Irrigation Show and Education Conference, November 6 – 10, 2017.
- Being responsible for registering for the event using a special registration code supplied by the IA.
- Being responsible for travel and hotel expenses.
As a benefit of presenting, the primary author/presenter will receive one (1) complimentary full registration to the show, which includes access to the exhibit hall, technical program, irrigation seminars, new product contest and IA general session. Authors will be notified of acceptance the week of April 10, 2017.
Tentative Session Times
Separate Tracks for Agriculture & Landscape Sessions
- Tuesday, Nov. 7: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.; 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 8: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Advances in sprinkler and center pivot technologies
- Irrigation with effluent or reclaimed water
- Climate-based irrigation scheduling
- New technologies, remote sensing
- Energy and water nexus in agriculture
- Salinity management
- Site-specific irrigation and precision agriculture
- Water/drought management strategies
- Water rights, transfers, mitigation
- Grower experiences/studies
Turf & Landscape
- Advances in sports turf irrigation
- Alternate water resources
- Flow sensing and water management
- Irrigation in low-impact development
- Irrigation auditing/scheduling
- Microirrigation and xeriscape
- New innovations such as UAV
- Plant factors, deficit irrigation
- Water/drought management
- Competition/collaboration for water
- Case studies